I am always look for quick and easy lunch recipes for my husband who is a picky eater. He is trying to eat healthy and better…but being picky does not help. so he tends to eat the same thing over and over ans then get bored and gives up on home lunches. So I keep searching for idea….and during one of these searches..found this awesome recipe.
Corn is one food item that everyone tends to like…. from adults to kiddos… just 2 days ago my godson chowed down corn on cob with such delight (he is just 17 months!!)… and then combine it with street style and Mexican…how can you not want to try it!!!
So here is the recipe… with some substitutions since I did not have all the ingredients. The recipe is from Six Sisters Stuff and an absolute keeper. Click below to go to Six Sister’s Stuff website.
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn or 3-4 cups fresh corn (I used canned corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 oz Cotija cheese, crumbled (I used parmesan cheese since did not have cojita cheese… it was yum!! can’t wait to try it with cojita cheese)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is better)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add corn and let cook until corn starts to char, stirring occasionally (it took about 7-8 minutes before corn was lightly charred).
- While the corn is cooking, mix together mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic, chili powder, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. When corn is done, gently fold it in with other ingredients.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Charring is the key thing in this recipe. You could also grill corn on the cob and cut out the kernels with help of a knife and mix it in. Whichever way you do it, I am sure you will love this recipe… simply delicious. I made it last night and refrigerated it and then heated it in microwave for 1 min before I ate it. YUM! YUM!YUM!
Must try dish!!! Let me know how it turned out!
Until next time,