I remember this episode of full house where the girls have to eat Brussels sprouts and they show disgust. After I moved here, I continued to believe it was a nasty vegetable…I mean have you ever seen any restaurant serve brussels sprouts?? Never tasted it… until my friend “J” said… it taste delicious roasted… hmm… what if buy it and hubbs does not like it… come to find one of his sister in law he lived with would make it with Indian spices and it tasted delicious. But still never tried it!!
So while at the grocery store yesterday…looking over at the produce nicely laid out…. there were plenty veggies I have never tried…maybe…. a new veggie at every trip to the grocery?? …. start with brussels sprout? Alright then…. so I ended up with a bag of brussels sprouts 🙂 After some pinterest search….found Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Kosher On A Budget. Love balsamic… and anything with balsamic is delish!!
By: Kosher On A Budget
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil (I added 2)
- 2-3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar (I added 2)
- Course kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and check brussels sprouts well, then cut in half length-wise.
- Toss brussels sprouts with oil and vinegar and spread out into one layer on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the brussels sprouts begin to caramelize.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
Besides that I had also pinned this other recipe of a salad made with roasted brussels sprouts. This recipe called for roasting the sprouts in just oil and making a vinaigrette dressing and adding some red pepper, green onion and feta cheese. Another good recipe. You can find this recipe at The Black Peppercorn.
But I liked the idea of roasting them with the balsamic vinegar!! So I made the Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe and then added red peppers, green onions and a good sprinkle of feta cheese over the warm sprouts. I ensured to scrape the caramelized balsamic that was on the pan. Mixed everything well…. YUM!!! Did not add any extra dressing or salt!!
A simple and easy recipe… must try…..and when you do…let me know how you liked it!!
Until next time,