There is nothing like finding an easy cheesecake recipe to make….and eggless too 🙂 Works for people (family and friends) I know who do not eat eggs 😉 Parfait form makes it a perfect size dessert ….I’m liking these small cup desserts (just like found at PF Changs, Chillis etc) A while ago I made No Bake Nutella Cheesecake in plastic cups …they were a hit…. so I am hoping these are a hit too.
Strawberry Cheescake Parfaits
Makes 12 9 0z cups (filled 3/4way)
Graham Crackers (Chocolate)– 15 whole pieces
Butter – 7 Tbsp, melted
Sugar – 1 Tbsp
Strawberries – 1 lb, chopped
Sugar – 3/4Tbsp
Cream Cheese –16 oz, softened
Sour Cream – 2/3 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
Whipped Cream – 3 cup (I used Cool Whip)
1. Place Graham Crackers in a food processor and pulse to make crumbs. Add melted Butter and 1 Tbsp Sugar and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Mix 3/4 Tbsp Sugar with chopped Strawberries and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese, Sour Cream and Vanilla. Mix in Powdered Sugar and mix until no lumps are present. Fold in Whipped Cream.
4. To assemble parfaits, layer a small amount of Graham Cracker crumbs at the bottom of a parfait cup or mini shot glass. Press down to form a crust. Using a pastry bag or zipper bag, pipe in cream cheese mixture half way up the glass. Add a layer of Strawberries. Finish with an additional layer of Cream Cheese mixture.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.
You could decorate it some whipped cream or some more berries.
My husband, I and our friends eat less sugar…. so I did not double on sugar amounts. I started with adding the amount in the original recipe (video link above) and added a little at a time to bring it to our taste level. So adjust the sugar levels as per your taste. I could not find 2 oz glasses like in the video. I used 9 oz cups (found in my local grocery store). So if you want to make big cups and fill them up to the top, you could make 2 layers of berries and 3 layers of cheesecake filling.
Strawberries are fresh and naturally sweet right now. So this is the perfect dessert to try… a nice summer dessert I think or like suggested in the original recipe…a good Mother’s Day Treat 😀
Happy Mother’s day to all the moms out there….. Moms make the world Awesome!
Until next time,