Balsamic Vinegar is an acquired taste I think… I love em and have always used store bought Balsamic…. but after tasting Balsamic at this store….Never going back to buying store Balsamic…. It was so hard to decide…so this time I bought Traditional Balsamic and Sicilian Lemon Balsamic (white) and Chipotle Olive Oil.
Today I found some wonderful (little pricey) Asparagus… nice thin sticks…calling my name….
For some reason…All I could think was Balsamic Asparagus… yummm… Add some Whole Wheat Pasta… lunch idea ;)… so today on menu is some Roasted Balsamic Asparagus with Penne!!
Penne with Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
1-1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (I used Chipotle Olive Oil)
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 big clove garlic, grated
1 pound Asparagus
1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
1/2 Box Penne (you could use any of your choice)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut the ends of the Asparagus, cut the top into pieces and wash. Pat dry to remove excess water.
2. In a bowl, big enough to accommodate the asparagus, put in 1 tbsp oil, Balsamic, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Add the asparagus and mix well for the dressing to coat the asparagus.
3. Lay on a baking tray and bake on 400 deg F for approx 15-20 mins or until they are cooked as per your taste (they will shrivel).
4. Meanwhile boil the Pasta and drain after cooking. (Don’t forget to enjoy the smell of the Balsamic while it caramelizes the Asparagus :D)
5. In the same bowl from above, add 1/2 tsp oil, salt, pepper, and chilli flakes if using. Add the warm pasta and mix well.
6. Once the Asparagus is done, add it to the pasta making sure you scrape the remaining itty bitty dressing off the pan.
7. Top it with grated Parmesan and enjoy!!
Although I ate it warm … I know it would taste awesome at room temperature as well. I love Asparagus and Balsamic and oh boy did this salad hit the spot!! 😉 It was as easy to make…. So I hope you do try it 😀
I gobbled all of it while writing this post 😉
Until next time,