This recipe is from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe— found it through pinterest ofcourse 😉 She has some wonderful recipes worth trying.
Dont those look scrumptious….although I was never good at cutting and neither am I a OCD perfectionist … so my different sized bites were perfectly fine with me. So if you are anal about perfect sizing and presentation, you might need ruler to get the perfect bites. Although whatever size they are…they taste AWESOME!!!
Oreo Cheescake Bites
From Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
*Makes 36 or more bites, depending on size (With my cutting, I got 45 pieces)
36 Oreo Cookies, divided (this is 1 pack of Oreo Cookies)
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened (I let the cream cheese sit on counter over night)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 ounces white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides.
3. Finely crush 24 Oreo cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. (Pic 1)
4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended.
5. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each just until blended.
7. Chop remaining cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust. (Pic 2)
8. Bake the cheesecake for about 35-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack in the pan. (Pic 3)
9. When the cheesecake is completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. When chilled, remove the cheesecake using the foil overhang and cut the cheesecake into bite-sized pieces. Place the cheesecake bites on a wax or parchment paper-lined baking tray.
11. Melt the semisweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls (I use the microwave on 50% power, stirring frequently).
12. Pour the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, one for the semisweet chocolate, one for the white chocolate. Snip a small corner off the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake bars. Chill the bars until ready to serve. (Pic 4)
Alternately, the drizzled bites can be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month. Let them defrost in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
The Cheescake is just right when it comes to sweetness. Due to the oreos and cream cheese combo, its a little dense…so a little piece is extremely satisfying.
I made this recipe twice– Past Friday and Saturday. Friday I made half the recipe for my sisters who were visiting me and 1 was leaving Saturday. So she would have not got to taste it. We gobbled it down like we had never eaten Cheesecake before.
This one is a keeper and a recipe one should try!!
Until Next time,