I have a soft corner for Potatoes and Broccoli… especially in soups =) So anything with both of these and its a winner for me 😀 I had found this recipe while looking for Broccoli soup (been a fan since I tasted it in Panera Bread– Btw found a recipe for it that says it tastes like the one found in Panera Bread …but that will be another post). So I share today Cheesy Vegetable Soup recipe, while I sip on hot bowl of the same 😉
Cheesy Vegeatble Soup
from: Lulu The Baker
1. Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute over medium heat until tender.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes. Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender.
3. Mix flour with water, add, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened.
4. Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through.
5. Stir in cheese, allow to melt, and serve.
I added some freshly ground pepper (I love black pepper)… if you want you could also add some red chili flakes… with my sore throat, the black peppers add enough spice 😀 Only thing missing is a slice of hearty bread =)
Quick and easy esp if you have the ingredients. Another good soup…. added to my recipe book 😀
Try it… you will enjoy it esp on this cold weather day.