Now the stuffing can be anything you want… potatoes, mix of veggies and cheese, cauliflower, cabbage and Paneer (Indian cottage cheese). So surfing through Tarla Dalal’s website – renowned in the field of cooking in India and South Asia- I found this recipe of Makai Ki Roti or Corn Parathas. It is a simple and easy mix of Whole Wheat Flour, Crushed corn and some spices.
Makai Ki RotiPreparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
Makes 6 rotis.
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
oil for cooking
butter to serve
1. Mix the sweet corn paste with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl using water only if needed and make a soft dough.
2. Grind the sweet corn kernels to a fine paste in a food processor (without using any water).
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
4. Roll out each portion into a circle of 100 mm. (4″) diameter.
6. Serve hot topped with a dollop of butter.(I omitted this for sure :D)
I did double the recipe to get more and adjusted the spice since my honey likes his food spicy. Since we are more spicy eaters…. I would minus the sugar next time… although the corn flavor is nice and subtle… all in all… with some tangy pickle it taste awesome!!!
Hope you try it as well.