So few weeks ago I experimented with a Easy Chocolate cake recipe….ooo yum!! Most delicious thing I had eaten in a while…. let me rephrase that… most delicious home made cake I had eaten in a while!! This past weekend I tried Easy Chocolate Kahula Cake….one might say how does Kahula make a difference…they both are going to taste the same…. I say A BIG DIFFERENCE….. Kahula not only adds to taste…but also to the moistness of the cake…. makes the cake soft….spongey…. just prefect!!!
Recipe from: Chew Out Loud
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix (about 16 oz)
- 1 (oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup very strong coffee (decaf is fine)
- ⅔ cup Kahlua
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip morsels (mini ones melt better)
- FOR GANACHE:
- 9 oz semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TB Kahlua (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Generously grease a Bundt pan.
- Whisk together the dry cake mix and dry pudding mix until combined. In another bowl, stir together the eggs, oil, coffee, and Kahlua until smooth and well combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Transfer to greased Bundt pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack to room temp. Cover and let sit at room temp until ready to drizzle and serve.
- To Make Ganache: In a heavy pan, bring heavy whipping cream to a boil over medium heat, and immediately remove from heat. Add the chocolate chips and Kahlua, stirring until smooth and melted. Cool slightly until consistency is thickened but pourable. Drizzle over cake. (I put the ganache in the refrigerator after it cooled down to room temperatures for 20ish minutes-it thickened well)
I made the cake Sunday afternoon….to be eaten Monday night. I let it sit covered on the counter and prepared and poured the ganache on Monday, right before I went to my friend’s gathering. Scrumptious!! The moistness and the creaminess from the ganache….DELICIOUS! An anwesome Chocolate Cake recipe to keep!
Easy and quick…. try the recipe and let me know how you liked it.
Until next time,